We’re adding a Project Manager to our team
We are excited to be growing our team of experienced project managers to help us keep with the diverse design, strategy and development challenges of our clients around the globe.
Why you want to sit with us in the cafeteria
With a culture of collaboration, a talented roster, and several office pups, the One Design Company team is active in the creative community, endlessly interested in what’s next and generally pleasant to be around. We’ve called Chicago our home for over a decade, nurturing strong roots in the local art, design and development communities. We work on all sorts of projects for organizations and businesses from the small, local, and boutique to some of the largest companies and brands in the world.
Here’s who we are looking for:
You understand that a great communicator is first and foremost a great listener. You have an unnerving attention to detail and extraordinary organization skills. You have strong intuition when it comes to the needs of clients and project teams, and you’re willing to jump in and help out whenever and wherever possible. You are an innovative thinker, and you have a knack for fostering the imagination inherent to our work while making sure that the work gets done, and done well. You delight in building a unique process flow for each project based on objectives, people, budget and time constraints, and making sure everyone involved understands the process and goals.
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you would have done last week:
- Led or participated in a client stakeholder meeting
- Worked closely with a client to set and enforce project priorities
- Established alignment between internal team members and clients
- Learned about an industry that was previously new to you
- Reflected with your teammates on project process, surfacing team strengths and root causes of issues, and executing on ideas for action
- Monitored a project budget and invoiced a client
Here are some other things we are looking for:
- A minimum of five years experience managing technical or design projects
- Experience using web-based project management software like Harvest, Forecast, Basecamp, Trello, Pivotal Tracker, etc.
- Great communication skills, especially written communication
- Excel skills
- A solid understanding of Agile development principles and practices
Bonus points if you:
- Have previous agency or consulting experience
- Have development and/or design experience
We ask a lot of our people. But we give a lot, too. We're prepared to offer a competitive salary with full health benefits, paid time off and an inviting and inspiring work environment. We also have the best snacks.
We'll be reviewing applications and interviewing people continuously. We'll do our best to communicate what to expect along the way, but given the high volume of applications we will not be able to respond to everyone. We ask also that only applicants located in and legally able to work in the United States apply. The ideal applicant will need to work from our Chicago office. This position is not available for remote candidates.