Senior Software Engineer
We’re adding a Senior Developer to our team
We are excited to be growing our team of developers to help us keep up with the diverse design, strategy and development challenges of our clients across the globe.
Why you want to sit with us in the cafeteria
With a culture of collaboration, a talented roster, and several office pups, the One Design Company team is active in the creative community, endlessly interested in what’s next and generally pleasant to be around. We’ve called Chicago our home for over a decade, nurturing strong roots in the local art, design and development communities. We work on all sorts of projects for organizations and businesses from the small, local, and boutique to some of the largest companies and brands in the world.
We ask a lot of our people. But we give a lot, too. We're prepared to offer a competitive salary with full health benefits, paid time off and an inviting and inspiring work environment. We also have the best snacks.
Here’s who we are looking for:
You have a background in developing web applications and RESTful API’s, an understanding of why testing matters, strong CS fundamentals and a passion for clean, intuitive bug-free code. You are smart, creative and organized. Your passion for development extends beyond just the code and into all aspects of the user experience. You are looking for a friendly place to learn and be challenged, and you thrive in a collaborative work environment. You are someone who doesn’t settle for the obvious and easy solution, and you’re able to balance a painstaking attention to detail with an efficient workflow. You don’t think KISS is just a metal band. You are an exceptional communicator with teammates and clients, and you take great pleasure in studying and sharing the latest and greatest technologies available.
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you would have done last week:
- Worked closely with one or more project teams to deliver software in an iterative manner
- Led or participated in a client stakeholder meeting
- Learned about an industry that was previously new to you
- Helped a client envision a new architecture or solution for a real business problem
- Reflected with your teammates on what was effective in your last sprint and what we could do differently to work better in the future
- Paired on a development problem with a teammate
Here are some things we are looking for:
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs
- Strong knowledge of design patterns (MVC, DCI, Service Layers, etc.)
- Testing is part of your everyday workflow
- 3-5 years development experience
- Experience working with scalable and fault-tolerant web systems
- Self-starter who can identify problems and propose solutions
Bonus points if you:
- Have a strong understanding of design and UX
- Have experience with React and/or Express.js, Ruby on Rails, PHP
- Have DevOps expertise (implementing CI, Linux administration, deployments)
- Have strong opinions, but open to change
- Live in Chicago (it’s not required for the right person)