Senior Front End Developer
We’re adding a Senior Front End Developer to our team
We are excited to be growing our team of front end developers to help us keep up with the diverse design, strategy and development challenges of our clients across the globe.
Why you want to sit with us in the cafeteria
With a culture of collaboration, a talented roster, and several office pups, the One Design Company team is active in the creative community, endlessly interested in what’s next and generally pleasant to be around. We’ve called Chicago our home for over a decade, nurturing strong roots in the local art, design and development communities. We work on all sorts of projects for organizations and businesses from the small, local, and boutique to some of the largest companies and brands in the world.
Here’s who we are looking for:
You have excellent front end development and user interface skills, and a strong appreciation and sense of design. You are enthusiastic about creating well organized front-end code. You are familiar with libraries and frameworks, and you know when (and when not) to use them. Your passion for development extends beyond just the code and into all aspects of the user experience. Bringing engaging user experiences to life with CSS transitions and animations is your forte, and you are thoughtful about accounting for responsive mobile design as you build. You are smart, creative and organized. You can execute intended design with a high level of accuracy, and you’re able to work with a designer when compromise is necessary. You take great pleasure in studying and sharing the latest and greatest in front-end technologies and best practices.You are looking for a friendly place to learn and be challenged, and you thrive in a collaborative work environment. You are someone who doesn’t settle for the obvious and easy solution, and you’re able to balance a painstaking attention to detail with an efficient workflow. You are an exceptional communicator with teammates and clients alike.
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you would have done last week:
- Worked closely with project teams to deliver software in an iterative manner
- Led or participated in a client stakeholder meeting
- Learned about an industry that was previously new to you
- Helped a client envision a solution for a real business problem
- Reflected with your teammates on what was effective in your last sprint and what we could do differently to work better in the future
- Paired on a development problem with a teammate
Here are some things we are looking for:
- 3-5 years of development experience
- Familiarity with modern build systems (gulp, webpack)
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors (SASS/SCSS), and an understanding of their benefits and limitations when it comes to producing efficient, maintainable code
- Expertise in front-end performance and creating sites that make efficient use of resources
- Experience using Git
- Experience integrating with CMS such as Wordpress, Craft, Etc
- Front-end testing experience
Bonus points if you:
- Have a strong understanding of design and UX
- Understand back-end development in Rails or Node.js
- Have experience with React/Vue
- Have experience designing and developing REST APIs
- Have familiarity with BEM
- Live in Chicago (it’s not required for the right person)
We ask a lot of our people. But we give a lot, too. We're prepared to offer a competitive salary with full health benefits, paid time off and an inviting and inspiring work environment. We also have the best snacks.